Saturday 21 May 2011

Obama's Irish Roots

MEDIA NEWS

If you'd like to learn a little bit more about the Irish ancestry of President Obama, then you can see last night's TV programme on the subject here.  A big thanks to Eneclann for both the research they did for this story, and for notifying us of the link.

WEBSITES

Eneclann have also just launched their new website at http://www.eneclann.ie/.  Have a browse if Irish research is your thing - you'll find a bit more on the Obama story there, too.

NEWS

Meanwhile, back in England, a few minor news stories have surfaced...

First of all, the Origins website has announced the availability of some fresh records, thus:-
  • Somerset Electoral Registers, 1832-1914;
  • Additional Oxfordshire Wills.

Then we have TheGenealogist's latest release - Cornwall, Kent and Yorkshire parish records.

And the always interesting S&N newsletter can be found here.  It's pointless me repeating everything they have to say, so have a quick look for yourself by following the link ... but please bear in mind what I have to say next before clicking on anything on their website with too much haste...

S&N and TheGenealogist are (sort of) one and the same, of course.  I'm not entirely sure what the relationship is, but the latter is (as far as I can tell) the flagship web presence of the S&N group.  TheGenealogist is one of those websites which offer a myriad of online services for an annual fee - but I'm sure you're aware of this.  Anyway, my point is that I have become an affiliate of TheGenealogist, so that I get a cut when any new members join via my link.  So I hereby order you all to now do exactly that, either via the big display add on the left-hand side of this page (near the bottom), or by clicking here...
OK, then, now that you've done that, we can continue... ;-)

One more bit of news. Natives of Bristol may be interested in lending their hand to the launch of the city's new museum.  I picked up the story here, and the museum's website can be found here.

ARTICLES

BBC History Magazine's 'History Headlines' for the week can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment