Another full weekend of events looms. Take your pick from this little lot:
- Friday 23rd & Saturday 24th September - Scunthorpe Library FH Open Day (thanks to Chris Paton for spotting this one - see here);
- Saturday 24th September - North Meols (Southport) FHS Open Day;
- Saturday 24th September - Forest of Dean Family History Open Day;
- Saturday 24th September - Tayroots Genealogy Fair, Dundee;
- Saturday 24th September - Stamford Book Fair;
- Sunday 25th September - Cirencester Book Fair;
- Sunday 25th September - Hampshire Genealogical Society Open Day, Horndean;
- Sunday 25th September - Leicestershire & Rutland FHS Open Day & Fair, Wigston;
- Postcard Fairs are being held at Woking (23rd-24th), Bloomsbury (25th), Stockport (27th) and Digbeth (28th) - see here (you may wish to check these fairs are still taking place as the list is not always updated frequently).
Talking of events, the National Library of Scotland's 'Events List' has just been updated.
There's also a 'British Library's Newspaper Moves Strategy Workshop' coming up on Thursday 13th October. I picked the news up at the Archives for London website - I assume it is being held at Colindale/British Library.
John Reid seems to have been the first to point out that DeceasedOnline are in the process of adding records for Eltham Crematorium, Greenwich, to their database.
And Chris Paton has posted details of his forthcoming online course 'Scotland 1750-1850: Beyond the OPRs'.
FindMyPast have posted article No.9 in the 'understanding and interpreting old family photos' series from expert Jayne Shrimpton - see here.
Post a Comment