There does seem to be a lot of Irish news around at the minute. Here's the latest batch of goodies:-
- Some major Belfast City cemetery records have appeared online. Several blogs have featured the news in the last day or so - the relevant Scottish GENES post is as good a place as any to start;
- The same blog also carried this story a short while ago pertaining to the Irish Archives Resource, a major new online presence for Irish researchers to get stuck into;
- A reminder that the Dublin Family History Day is looming on Saturday 12th March - though I'm not sure if there are still places available (booking essential);
- And here's a freebie up for grabs at BooksIreland.
Check back in tomorrow for some non-Irish stuff! In the meantime, though, why not have a listen to the following:-
- BBC History Magazine Podcast (the 'download' button seems to be playing up a bit - well, it is for me, anyway!);
- TNA Podcast x 2! - two very different subjects: High Court records and ... UFOs!
ON THIS DAY
Stalin, in 1953.
1946: Churchill delivers his famous 'Iron Curtain' speech in the US.