Wednesday 9 March 2011

Acts of God

I'm off for a lie down today.  And rather than miss a day's posting and leave you all with nothing to do, I thought I'd provide a bit of reading.

I came across the following article on The Northern Echo website a few days ago.  It tells the tragic story of a single family, the Slacks, of Shildon, Co.Durham.  Doesn't it just put all our woes into perspective?  Shame that the article cuts off at the end, but if you examine the original newspaper article at the top of the piece I think you get the picture.

The Slack Family of Shildon

Of course the family then had the little matter of the Great War to get through, too.


Note:-
If anyone has anything they consider worth posting - interesting or unusual stories, major national family or local history news, etc (you know the sort of material this blog carries), then do get in touch with me at micksouthwick@blueyonder.co.uk .  Remember, I'm especially keen to receive odd and unusual record entries to put on the blog on quiet news days.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment