After my short holiday I've a lot to catch up on. So without further ado, let's get cracking. Today we'll start off with what was waiting for me in my email in-box! ...
Society of Genealogists:
- Some advance notice of the President's Lecture at the SoG's HQ in London on 18th October;
- An award for the SoG from the Institute of Heraldic & Genealogical Studies.
The National Archives:
- A reminder of TNA's Summer Sale, which ends this month;
- TNA announcement regarding the Archive Awareness Campaign's latest publicity effort. Sounds like an interesting one - with many of our archives and record offices opening their doors in celebration of our society's 'Culture and Diversity'. Follow the links to check if there's anything happening in your area.
- Royal Aero Club's appeal for photos of WWI pilots;
- Some news on the on-going World Memory Project.
The September issue of WDYTYA? Magazine is now available - see here.
Eneclann's latest newsletter can be viewed here - including a county focus on Waterford.
The FindMyPast Ireland blog mentions an exhibition on offer in Co.Meath concerning the Irish in WWI, and goes on to mention one or two other related leads which may be of interest to those with Irish blood.
And also from Ireland, comes a survey being conducted by the National Library of Ireland about the allocation of its dwindling funds - deadline 21st August.
Finally for today, the Community Archives & Heritage Group has announced the opening of nominations for its 2011 Community Archive Award. The scheme covers all such groups across the whole of the UK and Ireland.
Do call in again tomorrow for another bumper update.
Post a Comment