Let's kick off with some 'forthcoming events'...
- Saturday 21st April - Huntingdonshire FHS Family History Fair, St.Ives;
- Saturday 21st April - Sheffield & District Family History Fair,
- Sunday 22nd April - Glasgow Book Fair;
- Forthcoming events from 'Archives for London';
- Postcard Fairs at Sittingbourne (21st), Winchester (22nd), Bloomsbury (22nd), Stockport (24th), Digbeth (25th) - see here (please check with organisers before travelling);
- Several smaller events/talks, etc, are listed here.
Essex Record Office has a lengthy series of events lined up for the coming weeks - contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Elsewhere, I see that the latest Lost Cousins newsletter is now available - one of the best genealogy e-bulletins around.
A good few bits and bobs have popped up on the Irish Genealogy News blog of late - among them...
- Update from the Ireland Genealogy Projects Archives;
- New County Monaghan records;
- 'Some Snippets of News'.
Many of you will be interested in the newly-available DNA tests from Ancestry - here's US blogger Randy Seaver's early experiences of the set-up, which give a window into how they work.
Here are some discounted books from BooksIreland.
And this is not at all genealogical, but as it's from my corner of England I hope you'll excuse me. It's all to do with the British Library's latest purchase ... the oldest intact book in Europe!
BI-Gen's Twitter feed (with MORE news) can be found here.
Underneath this sod lies Arabella Young,
Who on the 5th of May began to hold her tongue.
(epitaph - location unknown)