Events for the next few days:
- Saturday 17th March - Devon Record Office Open Day, Exeter;
- Saturday 17th March - Island History Day (Isle of Dogs);
- Saturday 17th March - Irish Family History Day at South Shields Central Library (ring 0191 4247860 for further info);
- Sunday 18th March - Jewish Living Expo, London;
- Friday 16th & Saturday 17th March - Harrogate Book Fair;
- Postcard Fairs at Sittingbourne (17th) and Chester (17th) - see here. Also, postcard fair at Berwick Parish Centre (off The Parade) on 17th (10.30am-4pm) - contact Gareth Burgess on 01368 860365. Always best to confirm arrangements with organisers;
- It is also worth pointing out the forthcoming Society of Genealogists Open Day on Saturday 31st March (free, but must be booked);
- Please also note the change to the date of the Linen Hall lecture due to be delivered on 28th March (now 27th June) - see here.
If there are any more, please let me know.
News is circulating that the prices of certified copies of BMD certificates are to increase soon. The best summary of the position can be found on Chris Paton's blog.
Those with military ancestors may be interested in the mention by blogger John D Reid of the 'In From the Cold Project'.
And military researchers are certain to be interested in the announcement from FindMyPast regarding their new record release pertaining to the Royal Artillery.
I see that the workshops/talks from last month's WDYTYA? Fair have begun to appear online - see here.
The latest Pharos newsletter is now available.
Education institutions may be interested in this new subscription service from The British Library & JISC Collections.
- Ellis Island pics (from @findmypastIE);
- Bury St Edmunds history (from @UEA_History);
- Surrey County Jail deaths list (from @SurreyHeritage);
- Liverpool Docklands exhibition (from @heritagehistory);
- Yorkshire Film Archive (from @1_gillian).
Check this out...