In the general absence of any earth-shattering genealogy news, I have today decided to present you with a miscellany of bits and bobs. Hope you enjoy them.
- Thanks to blogger John D Reid for an interesting lead into a smashing little resource, The Children's Newspaper. And, yes, the downloads work a treat!
- The Greatest Beards in History;
- The Drunkard's Coat of Arms, 1707;
- Public Humiliation: the best punishment for a neglectful woman?;
- And check this out for endless hours of reading: back copies of the GOONS journals!
Back with 'the news' tomorrow!