Look out for the following forthcoming events:
- Fri 21st, Sat 22nd & Sun 23rd October - Back to Our Past Family History Fair, Dublin;
- Saturday 22nd October - East Riding Archives & Local Studies Open Day, Beverley;
- Monday 24th October - Society of Genealogists Open Day;
- Friday 21st October - Lancashire Archives Re-opening Preview Day;
- Yorkshire's 'Family History Fortnight' events;
- Saturday 22nd October - Birmingham Book Fair;
- Saturday 22nd October - Edinburgh Book Fair;
- Saturday 22nd October - Folkestone Book Fair;
- Postcard Fairs at Bloomsbury (London) on 23rd, Wirral 23rd, Stockport 25th, Digbeth (Birmingham) 26th - see here (and check with organisers that they're still on).
At the Back to Our Past Fair you may wish to keep an eye out for the official launch of The Irish Family and Local History Handbook - see also here.
Essex Record Office has pushed back the launch of its new pay-to-browse subscription service. Essex Ancestors was supposed to go live yesterday (17th), but has now been pencilled in for Monday 24th October. There's a little bit more info here - and I can tell you that it'll be £5 for 1 day, £15 for 1 week, £25 for 1 month, and £75 for 1 year.
Some Irish reading has popped up in the shape of the October edition of Ireland's Genealogical Gazette; and there is also ReadIreland's list of latest book releases/reviews - click here, then click on 'Read Ireland Book News' (please note that there have been several batches added since I last mentioned the website).
The Irish Genealogy News blog has a few snippets, here.
And I see the 'Yorkshire History Prize 2012' has been launched - a chance for article writers to chase a cash reward!