It's the school exam season, of course, and The National Archives are having a look back at the education system and the records it has generated over the past century. To learn more, click here.
TNA have also announced the release of the final part of their Tudor and Stuart 'State Papers Online' project - see the news release, here. The date span of the project is 1509-1714 - but, strangely, they don't provide the appropriate link to the website in question, which can be found here.
Regular users of FindMyPast's website will be pleased to learn of the improvements made to their search facility - and will be interested in further adjustments in the pipeline. Read the full story here.
Irish Australians may be interested in this post on the MyHeritage website.
And finally for today, this weekend's coming fairs:
- Saturday 18th June - Dudley Archives & Local History Service Local History Day;
- Saturday 18th June - Wiltshire FHS Family History Open Day, Trowbridge;
- Saturday 18th June - Beverley Book Fair;
- Saturday 18th June - Edinburgh Book Fair;
- Sunday 19th June - Scottish Borders Book Fair, Melrose;
- Sunday 19th June - Cheltenham Book Fair;
- Sunday 19th June - Duxford Book Fair (Military only);
- Sunday 19th June - Totnes Book Fair.
ON THIS DAY
1982: Ceasefire in the Falklands War signals the Argentine surrender.