The Spring Bank Holiday seems to have temporarily choked the flow of genealogy news. Oh well, let's see what we can dig out...
Some reading to begin with, and the latest Lost Cousins Newsletter + the Bank Holiday edition from S&N Genealogy Supplies.
Big news for Scottish researchers: the launch of the 1895 Valuation Rolls at ScotlandsPeople.
More Scottish news via Chris Paton: Scottish Monumental Inscriptions update.
And yet more for the Scots: don't forget to keep tabs on Electric Scotland's newsletters.
You may wish to catch up with recent developments at TheGenealogist.
Here's the regular history links collection from the Two Nerdy History Girls.
And that's about it. Well, apart from the usual forthcoming events listing...
- Saturday 1st June - South Ayrshire History & Family History Fair, Troon;
- Saturday 1st June - Sheffield & District Family History Fair, Sheffield;
- Saturday 1st June - Shropshire FHS Open Day & Fair, Shrewsbury;
- Advance warning of a GOONS seminar for budding One-Namers;
- Irish events (thanks Claire);
- PRONI event for those 'in the industry';
- Events at the National Library of Scotland;
- Upcoming SoG events;
- Forthcoming Postcard Fairs (please check with organisers before travelling a long way);
- The BBC's 'Things To Do' page.
And remember that there are other oddments to be found via the BI-Gen Twitter feed.