A very happy Saint George's Day to you all (well, the English among you!). The BNA celebrate the occasion with this interesting post.
The FamilySearch indexing project, launched in 2006, has reached a major milestone with the processing of its one billionth record.
TNA catalogue users: beware the 30th April deadline date.
And here are a couple of TNA Podcasts:
Thanks to Beryl Evans of the FFHS for this piece of news about a proposed Huguenot Heritage Centre in Rochester. Associated survey here.
The May issue of Family Tree magazine is now available.
Chris Paton's blog features an interesting story about Humanist weddings in Scotland - amazing!
Latest newsletter from the Community Archives & Heritage Group.
For Irish researchers: the latest newsletter from Eneclann. Also, PRONI acquire the Londonderry Papers.
Latest history links round-up from the Two Nerdy History Girls.
- Saturday 27th April - Pudsey Family History Fair;
- Saturday 27th April - LDS Family History Day, Coventry;
- Saturday 27th April - Devizes Book Fair;
- Saturday 27th April - Norwich Book Fair;
- Sunday 28th April - Tynemouth Station Book Fair, 10am-4pm (I shall be there as a stall-holder!);
- Irish events (thanks Claire);
- Advance notice of the gathering of Scottish community groups, etc. on 23rd May;
- Events at the National Library of Scotland;
- Upcoming Scottish FHS talks;
- Forthcoming Postcard Fairs (please check with organisers before travelling a long way);
- The BBC's 'Things To Do' page.
And don't forget the BI-Gen Twitter feed.
Genes Reunited has over 13 million members and growing...
Thanks to @litreactor & @WellcomeLibrary on Twitter...