Here's your weekly instalment of forthcoming events of interest:
- Saturday 12th November - Huddersfield & District FHS Family & Local History Fair, Batley;
- Sunday 13th November - Somerset Family & Local History Day, Taunton;
- Friday 11th & Saturday 12th November - The 50+ Show, Glasgow (inc. the odd genealogy stand);
- Saturday 12th November - The Parish & The Manor Day Course, Canterbury (bookings still being taken);
- Saturday 12th November - Ireland & WWI, Dublin;
- Saturday 12th November - Surrey Military Book Fair, Camberley;
- Sunday 13th November - London Holiday Inn Book Fair;
- Saturday 12th November - Kinross Postcard Fair, Church Centre, High Street (10.30am-4pm) (best check with organiser Gareth Burgess on 01368 860365 before travelling);
- Sunday 13th November - Fareham Postcard Fair (please check with organisers before travelling).
I must apologise for missing the news of the re-opening of Gwent Archives a couple of weeks ago. I knew it was coming, but had a temporary malfunction in my memory bank. Anyway, check out the new set-up here.
A couple of items from the British Library now, beginning with the availability of more than 50,000 university theses. Don't know about you, but I often find some really useful historical stuff in this sort of material, so you may want to check it out. And those of you who regularly use the BL's Document Supply Service may not be aware of this helpful link.
There's a helpful piece for those of you who are heavy users of the FamilySearch website, here.
The HistoryToday website has a short article about the German perspective on WWI and 'Remembrance'.
And The Telegraph website has a curious little item about the island of Lundy.
'A History of Parliament' website is new to the Web. Not as boring as it sounds, as it contains articles covering many aspects of social history - even if they do seem to be a bit on the short side. Could be a one to add to your 'favourites'.