The following events are lined up for the next few days (and a little bit beyond in some cases!):
- Saturday 5th November - West Surrey FHS Open Day & Family History Fair, Woking;
- Saturday 5th November - North Yorkshire Record Office Family History Beginners' Day, Northallerton (have to book for this one);
- Sunday 6th November - Dundee Science Festival's Family History Day;
- Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th November - UK Fine Press Book Fair, Oxford (note: this is a specialist fair, so tread carefully);
- Saturday 5th November - Haydock Book Fair;
- Sunday 6th November - Cotehele Book Fair, Saltash, Cornwall;
- Wednesday 9th November - 1641 Depositions session, National Library of Ireland;
- November SoG Lectures;
- November Events at Linen Hall Library;
- Scottish Association of FHS November Events List (and beyond);
- Postcard Fairs at Haywards Heath (5th), Nottingham (5th), Leeds (6th), Stratford-on-Avon (6th), and Cirencester (9th) - see here (please check with organisers before travelling);
- Some advance notice about the Lanarkshire Military & Family History Day, Blantyre, on Saturday 19th November (you have to book for the talks);
- There's also the Pub History Society Conference & Workshop on 26th November (which you may have to book for);
- The National Library of Scotland's 'events list' has recently been updated;
- And how about this for a list of forthcoming Irish events! (thanks Claire).
A few other bits of news...
Those of you with Scottish adoption issues will be interested in this announcement.
I may be a bit slow off the mark with this news but, in case you missed it, the FamilyRelatives website has recently added a large batch of Scottish trade directories to its holdings (+ a few for England) - see here.
And the latest TNA Podcast can be found here (20th Century Treasury Records).
A trailer for this Thursday's Find My Past TV show can be found here (and there's more info here, too).