The old newspaper library at Colindale will close on 8th November. Read all about it - and the move to West Yorkshire - here.
There's been quite a bit of activity over at TheGenealogist - check out the fine detail here.
Important news re. school records from FindMyPast.
FindMyPast also look into the family history of Benedict Cumberbatch.
And FindMyPast Ireland have made yet more Irish Petty Sessions Court records available.
The CWGC November e-newsletter is now up for grabs.
The latest 'Family Historian' newsletter has been issued.
Here's the November e-bulletin from Essex Record Office.
The December issue of 'Family Tree' magazine is now available. And check out this neat little publication from the folk at 'Family Tree' (I'll be reviewing this booklet on the blog in the next few days).
The December issue of 'WDYTYA? Magazine' is also now on sale.
Latest Parish Chest newsletter.
Some Wiltshire news from DeceasedOnline.
Scottish genealogists may wish to check out the report on this little gathering.
Welsh researchers may wish to take a look at this. To quote the blurb: October sees the launch of a new website which hopes to harness the power of volunteers to record all the place-names of Wales as they appeared on Ordnance Survey maps at the end of the Victorian period. Sounds great.
Several more podcasts have popped up at TNA's dedicated website.
The British Newspaper Archive has provided us with a little update.
Blogger Claire Santry ably explains the background story to an interesting new online resource, namely, the 'Gazettes' website. See here.
Claire also has a couple of Irish bits 'n' bobs, thus:
Here's the weekly history links round-up from the Two Nerdy History Girls. Oh, and they have another bonus collection here!
Your regular weekend fix from the BBC History Magazine website:
And, of course, your forthcoming events:
- Saturday 9th November - Huddersfield & District FHS Family & Local History Fair, Batley;
- Saturday 9th November - Haydock Book Fair;
- Titanic Belfast's programme of events for 4th-8th November;
- Saturday 16th November - IHGS Wills course;
- Saturday 16th November - GOONS Colonial Records Seminar, Kew;
- National Library of Scotland events;
- Gresham College, London, has these free talks on offer to all;
- Genealogy at the 50+ Show in Glasgow during 7th-9th November;
- Upcoming Postcard Fairs (please check with organisers before travelling a long way). There is also a postcard fair at Kinross Church Centre, High St., Kinross, on Sat 9th Nov (10.30am-4pm) - contact Gareth Burgess on 01368 860365;
- The BBC's 'Things To Do' page.
Check out the latest news items via the BI-Gen Twitter feed.
A nice one from @AncestryUK on Twitter...