Not a huge amount to report on this weekend, but below you will find a fair bit of reading to catch up on...
What sounds like a big story from Ancestry/FamilySearch can be found here - though I guess we'll have to wait for the specifics.
Well worth a look: the latest IHGS Newsletter.
Also worth a quick gander: the latest releases from TheGenealogist.
Latest e-newsletter from TNA. You may wish to take special care to read the item entitled The Gloves Are Off.
September e-bulletin from Essex Record Office.
More info on the latest episode of WDYTYA?
Another newsletter from S&N Genealogy Supplies.
And yet another newsletter: Scottish Council on Archives' Broadsheet.
Those with merchant seamen ancestors will want to have a listen to TNA's latest podcast. Oh, and there's also a podcast on the subject of emigration/immigration.
Some great random history links from the Two Nerdy History Girls.
Thanks to @GuildOneName on Twitter for the latest news on the future of the Census.
@WYorkshireLives on Twitter brings us an update on developments in Bradford.
And @BMSGH on Twitter brings us the BBC news item re. Birmingham's new super-library.
October issue of Family Tree mag.
I see the nominations have been made for John Reid's 'Rock Star Genealogists' poll.
Various Irish bits and pieces from Claire Santry's blog:
- Latest issue of HistoryIreland mag;
- Update to Ireland Genealogy Projects Archives;
- Yet more news re. Ireland's GRO Research Room.
I should really say that there are a good few more minor news stories from Ireland to be found on Claire's blog - have a browse here.
Latest from the Beeb:
- Friday 13th September - Tayroots Family History Day, Brechin;
- Saturday 14th September - Lancs Family History & Heraldry Society / NWGFHS Family History Fair, Blackburn;
- Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th September - Coventry FHS Family History Fair, Coventry;
- Saturday 14th September - Essex Record Office Open Day;
- Events at the National Library of Wales;
- Advance notice of the Scottish Genealogy Society conference on 5th October;
- Advance details of Ireland's 'Back To Our Past 2013' gathering;
- Advance notice of various Irish FHS stuff;
- Upcoming Postcard Fairs (please check with organisers before travelling a long way);
- The BBC's 'Things To Do' page;
- And remember, it's Heritage Open Days weekend during 12th-15th September!
And the latest news can be found at the BI-Gen Twitter feed.