We'll begin with The National Archives, which has the following on offer:
- Latest Podcast ('Adlestrop: Railways, Poetry & the Myths of 1914');
- Useful advice re. searching for records (esp. online stuff);
- Seminar for aspiring authors;
- TNA publishes its 'Records collection policy'.
Check on how construction is going for the new East Sussex Archive.
The latest ScotlandsPeople Newsletter.
Here's an interesting post from the FamilySearch blog. This could turn out to be a very big deal indeed.
Ruth Blair gives us a month's worth of advice on 'Church Records' - bit of a Canadian bias, but still pretty useful.
Here's some more info on that recent DeceasedOnline Scottish memorials record release.
A couple of Irish items from blogger Claire Santry:
- Transcription of the (Derry's) Great Parchment Book begins;
- Dublin's Military Archives Reading Room to close temporarily;
Here's your weekly round-up of history links from the Two Nerdy History Girls.
Forthcoming events are somewhat thin on the ground at this time of year...
- Friday 30th November - Birmingham Book Fair;
- Saturday 1st December - Norwich Book Fair;
- Irish events;
- Upcoming 'Archives for London' events;
- December events at Gresham College, London (free, open to all);
- December events at the SoG;
- Forthcoming Postcard Fairs (check with organisers before travelling a long way);
- And here are a couple of Welsh events - one quite soon, another next year;
- BBC's 'Things To Do' page.
Please don't forget about the special offer from C W & S Parkinson Genealogical Storage.
And there's always the BI-Gen Twitter feed for the latest news.