An important news item from the British Library website concerning happenings in the House of Commons is worthy of note to us local and family historians. This is likely to make a big difference to what is made available online in future years, so fingers crossed.
The latest updates to the FamilySearch website can be found here (containing lots and lots of stuff for England and Wales!).
Ancestry have also added another batch of browse-only texts covering many areas of the UK & Ireland. Check out their 'updates page' for further details.
GenealogyInTime has provided a nice overview of recent global news from the genealogy world.
Blogger Claire Santry has provided some very useful reports from Ireland's 'Back To Our Past' Fair (Day One, Day Two & Day Three). Lots of family history news in there, so do have a read. See, also, Claire's report on the latest from the Ireland Genealogy Projects Archives.
I have been notified of two new books from Ireland, which will be of great interest to those with Westmeath and Sligo ancestry.
A new release from the Catholic FHS (Lancashire material).
I recently fell upon this news item about a website devoted to Methodist ancestors.
A good spot by Chris Paton: the new website of the Scottish Council on Archives.
A little bit of Northants news from the FFHS website.
London theatre forms the subject matter of the latest TNA Podcast.
Here's your weekly round-up of history links from the Two Nerdy History Girls.
Food for thought from blogger John D Reid about errors in our research.
The latest history crossword from HistoryToday magazine is now available.
And here's your round-up of forthcoming events:
- Saturday 20th October - Suffolk FH Fair & AGM, Needham Market;
- Saturday 20th October - Catholic FHS Conference, London;
- Saturday 20th October - Edinburgh Book Fair;
- Saturday 20th October - Folkestone Book Fair;
- Saturday 20th October - Military History Conference, IWM (be quick!);
- Sunday 21st October - Poole Book Fair;
- Sunday 21st October - Warlingham Heritage Showcase, Surrey;
- Sunday 21st October - Storrington FH Day, West Sussex;
- Wednesday 24th October - Welsh Archive Day (but where? Aberystwyth?) - you may wish to chase this up if you're interested;
- London researchers may wish to browse the 'events page' of the Archives for London website;
- Forthcoming Postcard Fairs (please check with organisers before travelling a long distance);
- The BBC's 'Things To Do' page.
Do keep in touch with other various going-on via the BI-Gen Twitter Feed.
Oh, and I shall be releasing full details about my 'eBooks for Charity' venture tomorrow, so do drop by to see if you can help out in some way - either as a contributor or customer, or both!