The stars of the next series of WDYTYA? have been unveiled.
I see the folks at TheGenealogist have launched a DNA service.
TNA have published an updated action plan which gives a refreshed view of their outlook for the archive sector in the 21st century. See here and here.
This argument does the rounds from time to time, but it is worth revisiting as a reminder to us all. Check out Dick Eastman's piece on being related to famous folk, here. There's a related piece here.
Those of you with Gloucestershire ancestry may wish to check out this story.
A couple of items from Claire Santry's blog:
And a couple of items plucked from Chris Paton's blog:
A little bit of guidance on Jewish genealogy in Scotland can be found here.
There's a lovely success story concerning DNA testing as flagged by John D Reid, here.
Here is your list of forthcoming events...
- Saturday 4th August - 'Celebration of Family History' event, Chorley;
- Saturday 4th August - Norwich Book Fair;
- Saturday 4th August - Forfar Book Fair;
- Sunday 5th August - Ballater Book Fair;
- Sunday 5th August - Exeter Book Fair;
- Postcard Fairs at Haywards Heath (4th) and Bristol (5th) - see here (please check with organisers before travelling) ... and also at Norwich (4th);
- A reminder about the SoG's August programme;
- The BBC's 'Things To Do' page.
More bits and pieces to be found via the BI-Gen Twitter feed.
In celebration of the 2012 Olympics, GenesReunited are currently offering 20.12% off their Platinum subscription (offer runs until midnight on Sunday 12th August). Click below and jump to the 'subscribe' section.
You can't be serious...